Mental health awareness is something you should not ignore. Downloading an app is a good option when you cannot afford treatment. Over the years, therapeutic techniques have been more accessible, portable, and cost-effective with respect to traditional treatments.
Here is a list of top 5 mental health apps that you can download free of cost:
- Mind Diagnostics: The tests in this app are one of the quickest ways to determine whether you are experiencing symptoms of a specific mental health condition. Mental health conditions, such as depression or anxiety are real, common and treatable.
This US based app can find therapists in your area with over 25 tests like Depression Test, Anxiety Test, Adult ADHD Test, PTSD Test, Alcohol/Substance Abuse and Addiction Test, Gambling Addiction Test, Narcissism Test, Sex Addiction Test, and others.
- What’s Up?: A free app utilizing some of the best CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) and ACT (Acceptance Commitment Therapy) methods to help you cope with Depression, Anxiety, Anger, Stress and more! With a beautiful, modern design, simple heading and easy-to-follow methods, you can get to what helps you the most in seconds!
Some of the key features are:
- 12 common negative thinking patterns and simple methods to overcome them.
- 10 great metaphors to help you cope with negative feelings.
- A comprehensive diary to keep your thoughts and feelings together, including the ability to rate feelings on a scale out of 10.
- A positive and negative habit tracker. Set goals to practice those good habits while ending the bad ones!
- A catastrophe scale. Put your problems into a better perspective when things are too much
- A grounding game containing over 100 fun questions to help keep you grounded and in the present when stress is taking over.
- Wysa: Stress, Depression & Anxiety Therapy Chatbot: Wysa is a mood tracker, mindfulness coach, anxiety helper, and mood-boosting buddy, all rolled into one. Wysa, your happiness buddy is that friendly and caring chatbot. Wysa is packed with daily spiritual meditation for women that improves women’s mental health and is also a perfect way to bond over family meditation. Always there for you when you need someone to talk to, Wysa helps you keep track of your mood with friendly chats and helps fight stress and anxiety with its proven techniques and calming meditation and mindfulness audios. Checking in with Wysa regularly will improve your emotional health so you can track your happiness and mood.
- Moodpath – Depression & Anxiety Test: Moodpath is your personalized mental health companion and supports you in phases of stress, depression, and anxiety.
Download Moodpath to get a mental health assessment, to track and reflect on your mood, and take a break from negative thoughts and overwhelming emotions.
Some of the key features of the app include – assess your mental health, Track, monitor and reflect and learn to let go of negative thoughts and overwhelming emotions
- Psychiatry Pro-Diagnosis, Info, Treatment, CBT & DBT: Psychiatry PRO-Project Reach Out is a free Mental Health App that is akin to having your own Personal Psychiatrist & Psychotherapist all rolled up into one and available to you anywhere anytime.Mental health, wellness & well-being made easy & free.
Based on simple questions it can test for Diagnose Mental Health Disorders and then give information about Diseases & Treatment options Pharmacotherapy, Psychotherapy & then also offers Interactive Disorder specific detailed Self-help CBT courses.
Some of the key features are Diagnostic test of Mental Disorders, Information, Psychotherapy-Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Dialectic Behavior Therapy, Mood & Thought Record Diary, Suicide Prevention, Personal Development, Alcohol Addiction Counselling, Substance Abuse Counselling, Quote of the day and many more.